In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 526
Online now 552 Record: 11761 (2/27/2012)
The Web's No. 1 forum for coverage and discussion of Terps sports
Visitor discussion of University of Maryland and college sports
A place for lively discussion for all other sports unrelated to Maryland athletics
Feedback for IMS and 247Sports
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
we all have our fears...this is one of mine...
We hadn't really noticed that Hannah Storm wasn't at work on ESPN the last three weeks, the rotating cast of SportsCenter anchors being so large and all. But earlier today news broke that Hannah Storm was returning from her absence, and the reason for her three-week leave is nothing short of terrifying.
This post was edited by BobWadeSurvivor 16 months ago
“Storm was taken by ambulance to the Trauma and Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center and was treated for 24 hours.
‘I didn’t see my face until the next day and you wonder how it’s going to look,’ she said. ‘I was pretty shocked. But my overarching thought was I’ve covered events with military members who have been through a lot worse than me, and they’ve come through. I kept thinking, ‘I can do this. I’m fortunate.’"
I admire people that can deal with adversity in a positive manner. If I were her I'd go into depression.
Need to see pics before i know how bad to feel.
Eerily similar to the incident three years ago when a gassy Kornheiser exploded on her for no particular reason. What awful luck.
Can't believe he spelled 'Nnah Storm's name wrong.
Something similar but not quite as severe happened to my wife the week before we got married. She was baking a cake at a friends house at the beach and was unfamiliar with the oven, let the gas build up, and struck a match.
She didn't have to go to the hospital, but she did lose a lot of hair, her eyebrows and her eyelashes and she went into mild shock. But she was wearing her hair back for the wedding, fake eyelashes and eyebrow pencil and a lot of make up worked so that even her Mother didn't figure out that anything was wrong until after the wedding.
I fixed the name...my bad.
Eli, that is scary what happened. I am so fearful of turning on the grill most of the time for the exact reason of what happened to Hannah......I know its one in a million kinda thing but I am always nervous.
The fact that one of your fears is Hannah Storm being injuried in a gas grill explosion is weirdly specific.
I'm sure she will too.
Man, given the title I was hoping for something like massive inappropriate boob job.
Get well, Hannah.
This post was edited by Antimony5 16 months ago
Strangest part of the story:
"Her 15-year-old daughter, Hannah, called 911"
This post was edited by HEY you suck 16 months ago
Daughter's name is Hannah Hicks, so not technically a Junior. A little weird, though.
eamhokie94: Is your name Nazi in pig Latin?
Hannah Storm's mother is also named Hannah.
Schools that have never made the NCAA Tournament — the 2014 edition http://wp.me/plDgR-1WQ
To this day, my wife will not go near a gas grill or oven until me or someone else other than her lights it. Personally, I just try to duck down and light it from as far away as I can. LOL!!!
If you aren't in the line of fire of the "fireball" you are safe, but that flash ignition and initial fireball is really scary and dangerous.
this is why men light the grill
I almost had something like that happen in college, but it was 100% my own fault for being a drunken idiot. I decided to grill a steak around 2am at my apartment, went out and turned on the gas grill, but the flame went out for some reason. The grill was on one of those little apartment porches that's enclosed most of the way around with a low roof and the next floor porch right overhead. All of the gas started collecting in the grill and up along the roof.
I went back out 5-10 min later expecting the grill to be hot, realized it was out, and came to the drunken conclusion that i must've forgotten to light it. I somehow missed the knobs being on and the gas smell... I lit it again and a fireball came up right in front of my face and then spread out all across the roof. Fortunately, i only got a few singed eyebrows, but it definitely sobered me up and got my attention.
This post was edited by edistotiger 15 months ago
i talked to a girl once who had returned from a vacation with her husband to a house that smelled like natural gas and the power was out. SHE TRIED TO LIGHT A CANDLE!!!! thankfully her husband saw her and was able to stop her.
I always thought she was hot but this is ridico.
Who needs to raise a green flag when they can just raise a right fist?
she looks normal on ABC's Rose Bowl Parade coverage
"Maryland football: Where everybody gets hurt and the starting left tackle has an existential crisis."
I love dacolfax
Watch how much evil we call the crime picks up...There is nothing else to do Sal!- Ray Lewis
I used to work at a restaurant where the grill was so iffy we were all scared to start it. Would have to leave the jets on for a good 30 seconds before it would light. We ended up making paper airplanes and lighting them on fire and throwing them at the grill from 10-15 feet away.
Back in action today.
This post was edited by ctowne 15 months ago
This is a family obsessed with palindromes.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports