In partnership with CBSSports.com
The Web's No. 1 forum for coverage and discussion of Terps sports
Visitor discussion of University of Maryland and college sports
A place for lively discussion for all other sports unrelated to Maryland athletics
Feedback for IMS and 247Sports
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1.) NEVER edit a post. Editing = Death. Deleting = Editing.
2.) If you miss two votes, you die. DO NOT MISS A VOTE. PERIOD. If you know you are going to be gone, or if there is a chance you might be gone, you can PM/email the host with
your desired vote ahead of time.
3.) NO NIGHT POSTING. If you violate this, I reserve the right to admin assassinate you. End of discussion.
4.) Vote by typing a player name in BOLD in your post, e.g.: I think HTG is mafia. If you later want to change your vote, DO NOT EDIT (see rule 1). Make a new post that says "***switch from HTG to QT***" Short names are fine (such as QT instead of KU_QT), but posting names in some other cryptic fashion (say, backwards?) isn't cool, and won't count. If for some reason you aren’t adept to using the bold feature you can alternatively vote by “*** HTG ***”. Do not combine bolding and astericks, choose one or the other.
5.) Votes count through the end of the deadline minute. Timestamps of 10:00:59 count; timestamps of 10:01:00 do not. We will use this clock: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=198
6.) NO POSTING, DISCUSSION OR HINTING OF PMs and/or emails, ever. You can't say "look, here is proof I am the angel, this is the PM/email from QT," etc. You will immediately be admin assassinated. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT EVEN SAY "PM" IN YOUR POST EVER.
7.) If the lynch vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 10 minute overtime. If the tie is not broken during OT, everyone in the tie dies. SEE BELOW.
8.) Majority lynches go into effect when I see them with a fifteen-minute grace period. That is, if I see a majority I will post that a majority has been noted and if there is still a majority fifteen minutes after night is called. NO MAJORITY LYNCHES WILL BE CALLED WITH FIVE OR LESS PLAYERS REMAINING.
10.) Deadlines will be 10:30, 1:30, and 4:30. Specials with night moves have until 15 minutes after the night is called to send me their moves.
11.) VERY IMPORTANT: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR INBOX BEFORE THE START OF EACH DAY. ALWAYS. Information/Instructions will always be sent in new PMs.
All players received a PM to start the game, if you have not received one please let us know ASAP.
12.) I will inevitably screw something up. I will apologize. You will deal with it. Or I will kill you.
PLEASE REMEMBER ALL CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO BE MAFIA, INDY, OR CIVILIAN ROLES. ATTEMPTING TO FIGURE OUT WHO IS MAFIA/INDY BY THE PLAYER THEY ARE PORTRAYING WILL NOT HELP YOU IN THIS GAME. THIS IS IMPORTANT. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.
NIGHT WILL ALWAYS BE CALLED. If there is overtime, overtime will begin at 5 minutes past the deadline. Ex: If the deadline is at 10:30, night will be called at 10:30:59 and overtime would begin at 10:35:00 and end at 10:45:59.
This post has been edited 13 times, most recently by RaiseHigh 16 months ago
"It's just so hard," Greivis said. "It's my heart, my love. Maryland made me who I am."
2. 7erps - You are QT, mafia roleblocker. I know, I'm just as shocked as you are! You are NEVER mafia. Except in this game. As the only chick on the mafia scene, you hold some serious power over this boys club. As such you are the role blocker for your mafia. Each night you can use your unique ASSets to distract a player of your choice. As the main woman in this game you also have one more responsibility to fulfill. Leafee needs your guidance... ok, orders... each night on who to vote for the following day. You will submit his vote to the moderator along with a phrase of your choosing that he must work into his post.
4. Bkyln - You are parlay, civ. As the crotchety old man, you are a little slow on the draw -- but you still get it done when called upon by the civs. In this game, you will be the back-up cop. When the original cop dies, you will be called upon to fill the role of the cop and receive investigations starting with the first night after he dies. Alas, you've seen a lot of things in your years and you know what is good for the younger generation of this game. Therefore, at least once a day, you must post an inane complaint about something completely off-topic to the game at hand.
7. Duff - You are Duff, cop. You are always mafia. Except when you aren't. Which is kind of mind bottling when you think about it. This game you will be using your experience being mafia to find the mafia members of this game. Each night you will get one investigation that will come back MAFIA or NOT MAFIA.
9. FTN - You are TerpsFan22, civ. Question for you, have you ever actually done ANYTHING in this game other than observe? Yeah. I didn't think so. As such, you are the watcher. Should you decide to actually do something other than vote based on the noises your digestive system makes at that given moment, you have the ability to watch one person each night to see who targets them.
10. GAT - You are JMan, mafia goon. While you are finally starting to suck less than coltsfan, it's been a long road. What was the secret to your success? More focus and more posts. As such, you will be required to post more posts with each successive day. If you fail, you will be killed.
11. Gooner - You are 2001, civ. Quite honestly, you seemingly have no clue what you are doing in this game, but gosh darn it you try! You are searching for someone in this game. You don't know who or what you are searching for, but you get one investigation each night to find your target! Don't worry, I'll let you know when you find it.
12. Gunner - Your are FTN, bodyguard. Often times, FTN is misunderstood as an angry man. However, he really is a good guy. To prove this, FTN has drawn the role of the bodyguard in this game to protect those that mean the most to him. Even though he is doing his best to protect the civs, we must understand that FTN being a little rough-around-the-edges is to be expected. And, really, who can blame him? He's been accused of being the "Excuses Guy" for years (but we all know that was just him acting as Beads!)! Alas, we've pulled out the old-time goody just for you -- you know, for Old Time's Sake. You must make up a new excuse every round to explain why you may not be around for that round. Each round, the excuses should get more and more outlandish. Get creative! Make Dead Chat laugh! And maybe, just maybe, FTN can finally feel vindicated and finally free of this mantra.
13. Historicus - You are Beads, civ. After channeling The Joker for Super Hero Mafia you've never been quite the same. While you thankfully didn't go full on Heath Ledger on us and die in an apartment with an Olsen twin, you've had trouble finding your way in mundane mafia games. Appropriately enough, in this game, you're out to hunt down the indy. Let's face it, he's never going to be as awesome as you. You get one investigation each night that will come back as INDY or NOT INDY. I know you are a busy guy and don't have time for keeping track of deadlines and other worthless crap, so don't worry about Night being called. Post whenever you'd like. And hey, if you don't want to vote? Don't vote. You are immune to missing vote AAs. I mean, you're Beads, you get to do whatever the hell you want, whenever you want to do it anyways.
15. JMan - You are UTF, mafia 1. While fluffy and adorable, everyone generally ignores what you say. But not in this game. In THIS game you will be able to post and make your point as many times as you'd like! Wait, who are we kidding. No one is going to listen to you in this game either. As such, your vote will not count at the end of the round UNLESS it is the deciding vote in overtime. (Note: You cannot inform the game that this is part of your restriction. Let them figure it out on their own.) That sounds pretty damned frustrating, so it would only make sense that you have a vig hit to use at your discretion to work out some of that anger. Oh and I almost forgot -- you forgot to take your meds for this week's game. Make sure you summarize your thoughts on all the players left in the game at least once per round.
16. Jtp - You are SLT, mafia 2 captain. As captain, you get the final call on night hits. HIDDEN: If you are the first to die, Mafia 2 will be disbanded and the remaining members will join Mafia 1.
17. Knight - You are Smiley, mafia 2. Something, something, something, ninja, something, blah, blah, something. Quite frankly, like most ninjas, we don't even know who you are or what you do. As such, you are the godfather of Mafia 2. If investigated by the cop you will come back as NOT MAFIA.
19. redwing - You are Hoophead, mafia 1. Known for your rather inquisitive nature you have the tendency to be a pain in the moderator's ass at times. As such, you are required to openly question the game format/balance/rules/policies once a round. In addition you must, in thread, ask the moderators for clarification on at least one thing per round. Ex: In that vote count when you say QT do you mean KU_QT?
20. romanov - You are Toogs, governor. Toogs always knows what is right for the civs. As such, you are King Mod, the governor. You will be given the ability to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" the player on the block each day. I mean, really, this game is so easy, isn't it? Wait, that guy doesn't see how easy this game is? He's an idiot. In this game, you must insult and antagonize a different player each round until you garner an aggitated response from them. If you fail to succeed on two days, you will be killed at night. You cannot inform the players in the game of this requirement or else you will be AAed. (Note: This does not include majority days. And don't worry, we'll be lenient.) HIDDEN: We feared Toogs would hate us if the mafia was allowed to silence him, thus you cannot be silenced.[/i]
22. SLT - You are Bklyn, civ. Originally, Bklyn was originally viewed as "Hogie, Jr." for his pessimistic views on the Harrison Twins, but swiftly changed to glass half-full approach with Maryland Basketball during its tailspin of a season. You never know what mood you will get with Bklyn. On Day One and each odd day going forward, you must be extremely and overtly optimistic about the game. On Day Two and each even day going forward, you must be extremely and overtly pessimistic about the game.
23. Smiley - You are knight, civ. What? You thought Raise would give Knight a special power? LOL. Nah, instead, you are merely required to post a new theory every day -- each one more absurd and strange than the last previous day -- to prove who is mafia. Make us laugh!
25. Titan - You are GoTech, civ. The early days are useless, you say? You don't get anything out of them, you say? You best hope so. You will be unlynchable and unhittable the first two days of this game. However, every upside of GoTech comes with an extreme downside. On Day Three, you may post, but you cannot vote for anyone. On Day Four, you can vote in a one-word post, but you cannot post anything else. You may not tell players this was part of your role.
26. Toogs - You are an idiot... I mean... Wake4Me4Life, civ. Good luck with that. HIDDEN: You are Wake4Me4Life, so most things about you don't make sense, so why should we stop now? Every vote you makes count double. As always, make sure you leave an impact on every game you play in!
This post has been edited 10 times, most recently by RaiseHigh 16 months ago
Day One Begins Now. Day One Ends at 10:30 AM on Monday.
please don't play with poetry
HoopheadVII: "Guess you won't say, "Sorry I'm a little off today" anytime again soon; Eaglesception is a bitch"
Raise hosting? Gotta beeeee ***jtp***
We should just get toogs out of this game before his bitching about a large theme game becomes unbearable.
No. This is jtp's doing. He's kept me around for his bizarre HOF resume.
I'm surprised he didn't bitch about the Saturday start
If nick faust could shoot, we would have won by 20
Surprised you aren't fake claiming as a civ yet
You should be happy. You are one loss closer to having Bzz fired.
This post doesn't even make sense. The fact that you have the courage to say something so dumb so early actually makes me lean civ on you from this post.
The game is "People of the Suque"
"I like fixing broken things" - Kevin Plank
gotcha. so he is claiming to be Raise? Raise modded a whole game where nick faust air balls and bricks killed people.
Oh ur so cute
Thje civs can def win if they play a solid game.
Im having a hard time believing this is a real post.
I might miss he first deadline Monday. I'm going to the doctors because I tripped over Kirk Heinrich and broke my hymen
Lol QT. Not sure if you're serious about missing the monday deadline though. That sounds like a mafia thing to say.
Ugh it's sold cold in this thread and I have to give a tour in this blizzard. Ugh Jacque Vaughn
Please tell me this is a role requirement. Jfc
This guy is sharp. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Bear with me, but I need everyone to post which player they would most likely choose to pardon if they were the Governor. Once everyone has posted their answer I will do a d20 savings throw vs. mafia from the table on p. 287 of the Advanced Mafiamaster's Guide and reveal who is mafia.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports