In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 464
Online now 225 Record: 11761 (2/27/2012)
The Web's No. 1 forum for coverage and discussion of Terps sports
Visitor discussion of University of Maryland and college sports
A place for lively discussion for all other sports unrelated to Maryland athletics
Feedback for IMS and 247Sports
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
The false part of #2 is that wasn't my first experience, nor a true mile-high club (sex). Not a very spicy story sadly, but I did finger pop a french chick in the seat next to me while on a transatlantic flight. She blew me in the bathroom. I was 17.
It was a row of 3 seats, with the french chick in the window seat, me in the middle, and my sister on the aisle. My grandmother and cousin were in the seats in front of me.
I don't even remember this girl's name.
I think I'd just call her "Darling". Great story.
Actually, I can move my eyes independently ... and it's quite freaky. I also own a thank-you note from Bobby Knight and have met -- on different occasions -- Presidents Bush (the elder) and Clinton. The statement that is wrong is my wife being related to Norwegian royalty; though she is 50 percent Norwegian and has certainly been blessed with with some strikingly beautiful genes, she is not royalty.
This post was edited by fletchterpz 13 months ago
It is. But that also was the untrue one.
This thread has been losing steam so people narrowed mine down to two. I did play on a Nationally ranked D1 football team at Yale in 1967 (probably the last ranked football team at Yale), and I was in the movie "Harvard Beats Yale 29-29" as were Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, and Calvin Hill was a team mate for two years and he was NFL ROY, and our QB, Brian Dowling WAS referred to as God in the media.
I was quail hunting at Riverview Plantation (google it. great place and very expensive) and Dan Quayle and Norman Swartzkopf were there at the same time, but I didn't hunt with them or meet them. We did eat in a common dining room though.
I was expecting more form this thread.
This post was edited by Crimterp 13 months ago
Okay here is the deal..
1. True - Grew up next door to Jacob Beser - only person on both flights of the Atom Bomb. Not a member of either plane's regular crew, but was assigned to the bomb itself. Mowed his lawn for about 3 years. One of the only people that would actually talk about it and actually went to Japan and spoke about it in 85.
2. True - was calling in 60mm and 81mm mortars at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA. As per normal operation, was adjusting fire with one tube and all the others make the adjustments but don't fire until the marking round hits the target and you call "fire for effect". When I called that, it was supposed to be all 6 60mm tubes firing 5 rounds each. I counted 25 explosions in the impact area but couldn't see the other 5 (meaning one tube was off). Turns out one tube was WAY off and the rounds went out of the impact area - a BIG BIG deal in the military. They hit on a road several hundred meters out of the impact area and hit a jeep with 3 PA 28th Infantry Division folks in it - wounding all 3 in the ass (they had jumped out of the jeep after seeing the first few rounds hit near them) and putting them into the hospital. We did a LOT of paperwork that night at range control...
3. Barely False - I was in Beijing when I got into a hack cab by mistake on my first visit to China and was missing for 4 hours. Everyone was freaking and they called back to the US HQ, who had no idea where I was either. As I was being driven around shady neighborhoods of Beijing by a huge Chinese guy that looked exactly like OddJob - I was sure I was a dead man.
4. True - did CPR on a guy in a car accident in Pikesville that hit the car next to mine. Me and a bigger guy pulled the 80 year old out of the car when we saw he wasn't breathing and argued on who got to do the compressions - this was way before air tubes and such. I lost and ended up with the guy puking in my mouth after the 4 quick breaths. The FD relieved us after about 10 minutes or so and I had no idea if he lived or not... Then about 4 months later I get a call at my UMBC dorm and it is the guy. He got my name from the police who got it from my license plate and called my parents who gave him my number. Not only did he live but they found he had stage 1 cancer that they got rid of as well.... I didn't eat for 3 days because of the aftertaste....
1. True (see number 4)
2. False, it was with Kaiserslautern of the Bundesliga. I spent a month with their U-16's (not what they call it) but it was pretty obvious I was in over my head both physically and skill wise. I mean their warm up was to juggle a ball while jogging around the field.
3. True - was traveling around Europe in 2000 (summer after my freshman year) and met this girl from SMU who was studying abroad in Paris. She was oil money, grew up with the Bush's, etc. She took me to this club with a few of her friends, we got bottle service and ended up having a table next to the Hilton sisters. Our groups ended up converging and we all went back to the penthouse late night. I didn't stay long but it was obvious then I was watching a trainwreck happen in slow motion. Nicole was actually a decent person.
4. Long story short, I got invited by a caddie buddy of mine to go to the Masters (2004). He was staying with some friends of his (hedge fund guys) who had rented two houses for the week. They brought a few of their clients who stayed in the houses with us. Joe Carter and Bill Berry (former REM drummer) were two of the clients. Anyway, Joe was thankfully staying in the other house but we all congregated in ours for Breakfasts/Dinners and for one of the dinners, Joe baked us all his grandmother's Pecan Pie. My caddie buddy gave me club house passes for the week and that Saturday morning, I was sitting on the porch of the clubhouse eating breakfast at a 6 top by myself. Phil, Amy and the kids come out and since it was the only table open, ask if they can join me. Mostly small talk but he did volunteer to sign the Masters Visor I bought for my grandmother (big Phil fan).
Shoot, I just thought of a better truth: my mom used to walk to school with Billy Martin.
If I were tell a tale that involved illegalities what type of liability would I be liable for? Keep in mind these items are 20 years past.
I don't think there is a statute of limitations for murder.
Thankfully no murder. I want to tell my tale but I'm a bit concerned since I surprisingly have a lot to lose.
Chipotle hasn't been in business for 20 years.
classlessthug: I have too much on my plate to worry about the fact that my junk intimidates some needle D undergrad.
1. I was suspended for 5 days from high school for shooting a kid with a BB gun...on a weekend.
2. I once awoke to find myself at my kitchen table shitting my pants.
3. I was a teammate of Steve Francis in a game where he scored 61 points.
4. I once confronted a stranger in Greenbelt in the middle of the night while wearing an axe and executioner mask.
man up, rosenpenis.
lol at charlie's #2. 3 is false.
I am still hopeful that one day, the guy on the other side of Charlie's #4 will post here.
1 then. i want 2 to be true.
bingo #1 i false. i was there when this incident happened to a buddy
#2 can be told afer Rosen's story. it wont be as good.
This post was edited by CharlieHorse 13 months ago
4 IS TRUE! I attended a fundraiser and lunch at St James Palace in London and was formerly presented to Prince Charles. Spoke with him for about a minute and a half.
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by tagterp 13 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports